The shock and pain of an unexpected death is a difficult loss. Although the family and loved ones must deal with shock and grief, important decisions must be made immediately:
- Who will make the funeral arrangements?
- Who will pay the bills and handle the finances?
- Who will make decisions and act on behalf of the Estate?
- Is another party responsible for this loss?
The first step is that the family must agree on a Trustee. A Trustee is a person — authorized by the Court — to act on behalf of the Estate. The Trustee is normally authorized to make these decisions and act for the Estate. Kauffman Law Firm can help you make these important decisions and guide you through your loss.
Because we understand the value of a human life, we’re able to get maximum compensation for the family left behind — not only for economic loss — but also for the lost relationships. We can’t replace the loss, but we can get the compensation the family deserves.
If you have lost a loved one as a result of the wrongful act of another, you may be entitled to losses including:
- Past medical expenses*
- Past pain and suffering*
- Funeral expenses*
- Future medical expenses
- Future lost earning capacity
- The value of the counsel, guidance, aid advice, comfort, assistance, companionship, and protection–the releationship–that your loved one would have provided to family members had she lived.
* For further discussion of these losses, see: Minnesota No-Fault: How No-Fault Works
There may be several layers of insurance coverage and several insurers involved in your case depending on how the death occurred including:
- No-Fault insurance
- Liability Insurance Uninsured Motorist Insurance (UM)
- Underinsured Motorist Insurance (UIM)
If you have lost a loved one as a result of a wrongful act of another, you need to concentrate on one thing — getting on with your life. Let our experienced team handle the insurance paperwork including claim forms, reports, authorizations, and requests for recorded statements.
We offer a free consultation, so you have nothing to lose by contacting us first. For a free consultation:
Email us at email@example.com or
Call us at 507-285-5350 or 877-285-5350